Friday, January 05, 2007

Equine Art

EQUINE ART PRIZE February 2007 Mindirr Gallery Mittagong
NSW - notice received from Gosford Regional Gallery. Contact GRG or Mindirr if you are interested in this sort of thing.


Neddy

Recitation - prologue to High Horse Momma
Song by artist and musician Terry Allen.
On double album Lubbock (on everything) 1978

A waitress asked me what I did.
I told her I tried (to make art)
She asked me if I made any money.
I said no …. I have to ‘teach’ to do that.
She asked me what I taught and where.
I told her.
She told me that she liked art, but that she
couldn’t draw a straight line.
I told he if she could reach out for something
and pick it up, she could draw a line that
was straight enough.
She said she wasn’t interested in that kind
of drawing…..but she always liked horses.
I said I did too, but they were hard to draw.
She said yes that was very true…said she
could do the body OK, but never get the
head, tail or legs.
I told her she was drawing sausages…..not horses.
She said no…… they were horses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. An enjoyable read.

Anonymous said...

for many, many days I have been looking at this horse. I have decided it looks more like a seal. Don't you think?

Anonymous said...

You must get out more!
A seal called Neddy?