Sunday, February 11, 2007

River Wunderground

Hi Backpagers,
My name is Jessica Coughlan, Studying at Uni Newcastle, I am currently brainstorming a new area of Peats Ridge Festival that i am calling River Wunderground. I would like to invite local artists to create work in response to themes of river as a sustainable ecosystem, or simply, river, as well as the "wunderground", as an extension of the wunderkammer or curiosity cabinet, but a land focused on the curiosities of the world of the underwater. I know that it is short notice, but I am looking for expressions of interest for grant applications. The festival is not until the coming New Year, but the major funding bodies require documents now. if you
have any questions, please call me anytime on 0431 684741. The River Wunderground will also feature Performance artists from the Pork Productions collective in Sydney as well as Members of the Lovelorn Living Party in Newcastle. If you are not aware of the festival, please visit our site at www.peatsridgefestival.com.au this is an opportunity that i am making exclusively to your group as local installation artists making contemporary and temporary works with an interest in space, place and ecology. Please consider my offer and respond by phone if possible before Thursday 15th February.
Thank you for your consideration of my request.
Jessica Coughlan

No comments: